Painting Limestone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just paid a building company to restore the front of my Victorian terrace house, including the limestone mullions, which were previously painted.
Unfortunately, the damage under the paint was severe but the builder did a good job of filling in (with I presume some sort of limestone dust).

However, the overall effect is a scruffy patchwork quilt effect, disappointing me greatly since I naively hoped for a smooth uniform finish.

I have found a product called Turn to Stone paint, but everyone warns me that you should not paint stone since it needs to 'breathe'. Has anyone any experience with this or other paint products for stone?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading this.

Sponsored Links
Have you given it time to weather and get dirty? It may settle down.

Thank you for your reply, and you are right, I haven't given it time to settle down. It was only done yesterday- but no amount of settling down would change the awful effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back