Painting moisture resistant wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've lined my garage with moisture resistant chipboard and i'm now wanting to paint it brilliant white to reflect more light.
What type of paint should i use as the wood gets slightly damp in winter so i don't want it lifting/ flaking?

Is there a cheap(ish) 1 coat paint or do i use an undercoat them a top coat?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Maybe a wood stain could be your best bet here, will add extra treatment to the wood as well

Maybe a wood stain could be your best bet here, will add extra treatment to the wood as well
if you are looking for a glossy finish, there are a lot of flexible paints on the market, I couldn't recommend a particle brand to you as never worked with much of if myself.

Well i'm not sure if gloss would be best - thinking maybe a matt emulsion?

Got to be white for light reflecting as i detail cars in there so need light

pic of garage

100_0781.jpg

Sponsored Links
I see what your getting at now, yes a Matt emulsion would be fine and the cheapest option, if the chipboard has a shine just give it a bit of a sand first. Nice garage by the way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back