Painting New Render - Can I do it now?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a newly built small outbuilding rendered about 10 days ago (top coat was 10 days ago) scratch coat was about 4 weeks ago. The render has gone very light in colour and appears completely dry. We have a break in the weather in the SE and for the next 4 days its looking like the daytime temperature will be 12/13 degrees and 8 degrees overnight. No rain forecast.

Does anyone know if it would be ok to give it all a mist coat to give it some form of protection? I wondered if the render will be dry enough. The sandtex paint is labelled as breathable as its the microseal one and can be applied in temps no lower than 8 degrees.

I'm thinking some protection would be a good thing before the weather really turns but don't want it flaking off if it's too soon.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about weather spoiling it, if it was done with the correct materials, it won't happen. At my last house the previous owner left it undecorated for over a year then I left it for another six months before painting it with Wickes own textured in the late spring. When I moved out 14 years later it was still as good as new. No point in spending out on Sandtex in my experience just a waste of money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back