Painting new render smooth/fine texture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post so please go easy on me...!

I have recently had the back wall of my house, a single facing wall of a kitchen extension and facing wall of a newly built outbuilding rendered. Very happy with the render but...

My dad helpfully offered to paint the Walls and even went as far as buying the paint (singing the praises of sandtex). Painting on the house and kitchen was complete on Sunday and it was then I realised he'd used the fine texture version! I know I should be grateful but I was after a nice smooth finish on my new render! Can I go over it with the smooth to flatten it out or have i got to learn to love the slightly grainy finish?! TIA

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid you are going to have to live with it, painting a smooth Masonry paint over the textured. wil be of no use.

Sorry

Dec

Cheers!

Oh well it's still looks nice and white and he reckons the fine textured is better anyway!

Sponsored Links
Actually I prefer it myself, it does tend to hold a little more dust, Seems to add a little depth to the smooth render.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back