Painting over Cuprinol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of weeks ago I painted my side of my next door neighbours panelled fence using Cuprinols Timbercare Autumn Red (which has a bright Reddish finish). My neighbour had recently painted their side of the fence using Langlow Creosote substitute - Dark (which leaves an almost black finish) product. Due to shrinkage and warping, my Cuprinol in places has trickled down onto my neighbours side, and I am going to have to paint over these trickles. Because of the brightness of the Cuprinol, can any one suggest any tricks/ideas that can allow me to paint over the Cuprinol quickly with the Langlow product in as few coats as possible or alternatively, a product that will allow me to wipe off the Cuprinol, and leave the Langlow product intact underneath.

Sponsored Links
The darker colour should dominate, but all depending on whether it's paint/stain/waxy finish etc.

Just a going over with some sandpaper before repainting should sort it, and t.b.h. is about as much as you can do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back