Painting over oil based with water based

Status
Not open for further replies.
elrobbo,
my knowledge is very limited on painting and decorating.
Well don't get involved then!
I just like to peruse the forum in general to increase my knowledge overall.
Strange, Are you anticipating competing in a general knowledge competition?
All i am saying is its not really fair to pretend u have certain knowledge of things when you do not by stealing other peoples expertise and experience etc.
Are you going to lock him up and throw away the key? Has he broken the law?
I accept your apology elrobbo,very gracious of you.I understand your etiquette may not be up to scratch yet.
welcome to the forum.
How considerate of you!

Sponsored Links
starspark
i feel that you are trying to prove something here, i posted this answer not to take praise for someone else's expertise but to increase my knowledge base and help out a fellow forum member. yes my etiquette may not be up to scratch but i feel that my answer was valid. if you are so against people researching to answer a question i suggest that you do not look for answers on a forum as this is also classed as research. i have been a decorator know for 15 years and felt that as i did not know this answer then it would be beneficial for me to research and improve so that i can help out other members. im really sorry that you have taken offence to something so trivial.

Thankyou as I said apology accepted since im very considerate as your backup bud rms says!
I have no problem with the researching part and forums etc are excellent for it i just feel original authors deserve the credit rather than stealing it to perhaps massage your ego etc. A simple link as I said suffices.
Keep it real elrobbo the only person your cheating is yourself.

Sponsored Links
starspark
i feel that you are trying to pursue a quarrel that is now irrelevant. why have you stated that i am "only cheating" myself? i gained this answer via research and passed it on to a forum member to assist in his question. as i have already mentioned on a previous post, i do not know how to add a link as i am new to this. is this how you treat all members? this sort of behavior will only succeed in halting new members with different expertise joining this forum thus limiting new ideas and different ways of doing things. if a member asks a question and i either know or can find an answer i will endeavor to do so as i feel that that is the whole point of a forum. a forum is here to enable questions and answers not to try and prove importance and stature of any one individual. can we now put an end to this, as these sort of post are not beneficial to this forum as it does not answer any questions.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back