Painting over Osmo UV Protection Oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we moved to our property last year we decided to use Osmo UV Protection Oil on some board and batten cladding. We now REALLY wish we had painted it . Read on a website that Bedec MSP will paint over Osmo has anyone got any experience of this? We can't sand it back /strip it.

Sponsored Links
I have only ever used the Osmo UV once. A friend asked me to coat up an ash (wood) cross that only had to last a year until a proper head stone could be placed at the top of the grave.

I did warn him that it is only designed for vertical surfaces.

Provided that you provide a proper "key", I don't see a problem.

I have only used MSP a few times outdoors, and cannot comment on the longevity of it.

I have only ever used the Osmo UV once. A friend asked me to coat up an ash (wood) cross that only had to last a year until a proper head stone could be placed at the top of the grave.

I did warn him that it is only designed for vertical surfaces.

Provided that you provide a proper "key", I don't see a problem.

I have only used MSP a few times outdoors, and cannot comment on the longevity of it.
Thanks for your reply. We are going to give it a go when the weather warms up. Try an inconspicuous corner I might come back and post if it works handy for people to know. All the best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back