Painting over pebbledash with Dulux Weathershield

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The outside of our house is majority pebbledash except the bottom 1/4 maybe, becuase we have had to have it patched where we have changed things it really needs painting.

What's the best way to apply the above paint?

I was thinking either a very long pile roller or large brushes. Spraying would be nice but surely there will be so much over spray?

I only really need to get the back done for now as we are having a conservatory and dont fancy doing it after that goes in!

Also what sort of coverage does it tend to give on a pebbledash surface roughly?

Sponsored Links
The best way of applying the paint would be with a long pile roller, you can if you wish use a sleeve designed for masonry, with regard to coverage it would be difficult to say and will depend on the porosity.

You will need to brush down the surface with a stiff bristle brush (not wire) I would then cut in with perhaps a 3" brush you will get both better coverage and adhesion if you ease the paint with approx 5% water, assuming of course you will be useing a water based system.

Dec

Great cheers, i'll pick some more rollers up today then.

I've already got 30l of paint but think i'll need at least double that and it's 3 for 2 at the moment haha

Well as rough guide you should expect around 6m2 per litre of product approx.

Good luck

Dec

Sponsored Links
My advice here was based only as guide, yet if your method of application is reasonable you could well expect that type of coverage, slightly less perhaps but no more.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back