Painting Pebbledash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been asked to paint a pebbledashed house. I have pictures in my an album named 'pebbledash' if you want to view them. The finish is pea gravel on a cement render backing. The pebbles are fairly stable. After searching online I was going to do this:-

1) Brush off loose gravel with hard broom
2) Wash with pressure washer
3) Mask all windows etc.....
4) Spray one diluted coat of Dulux Weathershield 20% water
5) Spray one further diluted coat Dulux Weathershield 20% water

Don't think an undiluted masonry paint will go through my sprayer but will try it before hand. Before trying any of this I am going to do a test area on the house to see if a long pile roller can manage it.

Any comments would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi Matty43,
It's hard to see what colour stones you have, three look brown but the last looks white.
If it's the brown type it's worth looking carefully at the pebbledash before painting.
There is sometimes iron oxide in the gravel that causes rust staining in places this dosen't notice too much normally, but after painting it can bleed through the water based paint.

Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back