painting over plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - just stripped most of my walls back to the gyproc skim. I'm guessing this is as old as the house which is 1950s. Paper came off lovely and easy :D and I now want to matt emulsion the whole lot. I'm following the advice on the forum. 1. 30% cheapy emulsion mist coat, then a 15% primer. 2. Then rub down with the green a/o paper. 3. splash on the first coat of colour. 4. possibly rub down again. 5. Apply second coat of colour and job done.

How does all that sound? Could someone advise about my very many hairline cracks all over the skim. I'm hoping these will be covered up by my surruptitious brush strokes.

Sponsored Links
If there was wallpaper on previously then the paste must be removed if planning to emulsion over, as paste causes the matt emulsion to break up etc... at a later date, causing many probs in the future. Also, you could line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back