Painting over zinsser 123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, painted 2 coats of zinsser bulls eye 123 (4 weeks ago, room well aired since) on drywall walls. The walls had crayon,felt tip, some spray can graffiti which some has been painted over with leyland trade solvent undercoat to hide naughty words.
The zinesser has blocked out all the graffiti, so happy about that (y)

Question is, there is still a strong smell from the zinsser even in areas where it was appplied on un graffitied drywall. I have wickes trade matt brilliant white emulsion to finish the walls. Will the zinesser smell leach through 2 coats of wickes emulsion ?

was hoping the zinesser will dry odourless :mrgreen:

Thanks for your time, can add more information as required.

Sponsored Links
The Zinsser is waterbased. I suspect the smell is from the oil based undercoat. It will go eventually.

Thanks for that (y)

I mentioned wickes emulsion above, not knowing much about emulsions Is there a better quality matt white emulsion available. Seems so many on the market i dont mind paying more for a better product.

Sponsored Links
I haven't used the Wickes stuff. I tend to stick with Dulux Trade. It is more expensive than some other brands but in the majority of cases, two coats are sufficient. Labour costs are higher than materials costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back