painting plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just had my new kitchen plastered and i was just goin to paint it with matt paint straigh out of the tin.but been reading some of these threads and ppl are goin on about dilute if so why and what does it do.many thanks and if anyone know how long do you wait for plaster to dry before applying paint
thanks

Sponsored Links
In my expereince you are better buying Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt for your situation. Thin down first coat by 25%, then thin down second coat by 15/20%. Plaster can be painted once fully bright pink.

Sponsored Links
It is worded on the tub & on there webpage. But do you mean Johnstones Paints ?

Third_Eye said:
It is worded on the tub & on there webpage. But do you mean Johnstones Paints ?
yes johnstones i have diluted the first coat by 20% would it be best to just do a straight finish coat without diluting or diluting anothe coat by 10% then doin the finish coat

Well, if it is 'Johnstones Jonmat Premium Contract Matt' then according to there website, they advize to 'Prime bare surfaces with the apprpriate Johnstones Primer' !

Third_Eye said:
Well, if it is 'Johnstones Jonmat Premium Contract Matt' then according to there website, they advize to 'Prime bare surfaces with the apprpriate Johnstones Primer' !
thats correct it says you can dilute up to 25% for the for the first coat but i have read in another topic it is best doin 2 different dilute coats before the finish coat so was just wondering what is best.it does not say about a second dilute coat on tin

i m always wary paitin bare plaster myself , put a sealer on first; u dont want leaching do u?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back