Painting polymer coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have just put up a polymer coving and was wondering if there was a special paint I needed to us IF i decided to paint it?

Sponsored Links
Emulsion is fine on polymer coving and doesn't need any special sealants prior to painting.

I would suggest its worth painting as it will hide any joints better and blend into the ceiling better. Personally I run a line of decorators Caulk along the wall/cove ceiling/cove joins.

Bear in mind that the polymer coving is impervious so any emulsion will probably take twice as long to dry as the ceiling or walls.

Thats pretty much what I had planned to do but its nice to get confirmation as I wasn't 100% sure.

Would an oil based paint be OK to use as well? Its just I have used caulk to fill in the gaps and I have been reading caulk doesn't react to well to water based paints.

Sponsored Links
Can someone tell me if it is ok to paint a polymer coving with an oil based paint as I have used caulk to fill it and i read it is better to paint over caulk with oil based paint rather than water based paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back