Painting problems - help please?!

Use your Dulux Trade Vinyl Soft Sheen.

You see the thing is "carlmc25" when new/bare plaster is painted over with an not reccomended paint then this can cause problems. The thing is most walls and cielings will be redecorated over at an later date (i.e. Once every 2 years). This therefore puts old previous coatings under stress. This can cause defects in terms of blistering, loss of adhesion etc....

One example is an client of mine asked me to line walls. So i did. Then they painted it with Dulux Luxurious Silk (against my advice). Then 2 years later they asked me to wallpaper over the Silk Lining Paper. When i applied my first length of paper then moved it to keep in plumb, the silk emulsion started lifting from the Lining Paper ! ARRGGGGGHH.

Sponsored Links
oh well! I'll probably be selling the house within 5 years or so I'm just going to have to hope the paint still looks alright when I come to sell!!! been down the house today, paint looks nice so I'm just going to leave it and hope I get away with it. If I get problems in the future then I'll just have to take it on the chin. Thanks for all the advice tho, I certainly won't do the same thing in the future. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back