PAINTING SOIL PIPE AND DRAINAGE PIPES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
the soil pipes and drainage/guttering pipes outside our house are in different colours and shades.They are plastic made and obviously they have been replaced and repaired/weathered over many years.
would like to paint them in deep brown colour so as to make it look more neat and uniform.

I would like to know what paint will hold on well to those pipes?
Any useful tips?

Sponsored Links
I find non-drip, oil-based gloss works fine. One flowing coat, no undercoat or primer.

Clean thoroughly first, finishing with a green nylon scourer and white spirit, rub off with clean dry cloth.

I have some that I did at least 20 years ago, though the shine has gone a bit dull now.

full

full

Sponsored Links
Ditto what johnD says. A good clean up, very slight abrading, and one coat of gloss. I find that its best thinning the gloss to stop it drying to quick. Flows out to be very smooth indeed.

Well, thank you for the question. I totally agree with John and its appropriate to get it done that way. Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back