painting timber cladding in a garden room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just finished building our new garden room (basiclly a timber frammed conservatory.
The wall adjoining the nebiours is timber clad as is the lower part of the glozed walls and door.
My girlfried has decided that she wants the timber cladding painted in a off white colour like apple white so i was going to use just a descent vinyl silk emulsion.

Problem is i know the thin cladding is going to move as the temperature and humidity changes in the room so will the paint keep cracking at the joints and look crap. I was going to use zinser BIN as a primmer base. Can anyone reccomend a paint that permits a lot of movement?

I was thinking of the polycell flexible ceiling paint could this work??

Sponsored Links
Bedec barn is very good, i'm not sure if you can use it internally though, so have a google and check.

I wouldn't use bin as a timber primer you'd be better off with coverstain and you do know that apple white comes up green?

I havn't used the polycell coating you mention but most of their stuff is 'faddy' diy stuff thats not much good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back