please help me choose the right type of paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

New room, professionally skimmed. Plasterer said seal room by watered down emulsion. Did this when room was completely dry. Seems to be ok. Have given room another coat of unwatered down white emulsion that was left over.

Now, it is a kids room and i want to be able to 'wipe the walls' (if necessary). I am hoping to get a finish that does not feel porous. Currently having used the emulsion, the room is painted, and it does not come of if rubbed, but it is not like other parts of the house I have seen after stripping wall paper etc. It seems to pick up dirty finger prints easily and feels a bit chalky / dry etc.

I went to buy paint, but got confused about the type. Is Silk emulsion going to do what I want? It was either that or Matt, or 'Extra durable' (wipable). No mention of Vinyl finish etc.
Also, is there much difference between branded paint and own brand in the big sheds?

Can someone please help with the type of paint (I can manage the colour part!)

Sponsored Links
Go for a vinyl silk or eggshell finish, and use trade paints not the shed stuff.

Dec

It depends on the finish you are after. Dulux do a diamond matt that is fairly hard wearing as well as diamond eggshell. The eggshell has a slight sheen to it i.e. in between matt and silk. There is also the option of vinyl silk if your after a higher sheen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back