Painting walls and ceiling in bathroom

Another way is looking at installing an inline extractor fan, I know you have a fan installed but if you have space above in the void/loft these are three times the power of a wall mounted bathroom axial fan. As they are installed outside the room they are just as quiet too.

This will extract a lot of air at a similar energy usage rate of a bathroom fan.
Bathroom is under a sloping roof & I couldn't get into it. Not enough clearance.

Sponsored Links
Are the walls so bad you have to cover them with lining paper?
If you're going to paint over it maybe see about replastering the walls instead otherwise the paper will become subjected to condensation.
You can use specially formulated bathroom paint - Wilkos do a good range - but for preventing mould you need a paint for that and won't be able to cover it afterwards.
I know it's not a long term solution. The wall is pretty rough, so it's just tarting it up for a short while.

I know it's not a long term solution. The wall is pretty rough, so it's just tarting it up for a short while.
A short while?
....until it needs to be done again.
If you're about to move house, i suppose it'd work out but if you want to paper the walls you could use a decorator's varnish which helps protect the wallpaper.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back