painting wood

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just had some decocrating work carried out in a house that i rent out and the decorator has used exterior paint on some tongue and grove wood paneling in the kitchen that is above the skirting and haif way up the wall.

I think the paint is gloss because it is really really shiny, he has also done the doors in this paint, the colour is cream.

The job was done for cash and the decorator said he had this paint spare as i told him i just wanted the house clean neutral colours.

I also asked if he could fill the holes in the tongue and groove where nots had fallen out and srews had been in and some of the joins had opened up but he said it was ment to be like this.

does anyone know if the exterior paint is okay for indoor use?

Sponsored Links
I am not going to say "yes" cos exterior paint is made for outdoors. On the other hand there is paint that is made for exterior and interior also. There is paint made for interior use only aswell. However, i have known many people use exterior paint indoors and there has never been a problem from my expereince. So i would not worry about the painter using exterior paint indoors. Though i would really worry if the painter used interior paint for outdoors :D

Rent out .........cash .............Too much information ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back