Palsode Impulse Brads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so I'e just bought myself a IM65A from screwfix, they appear to be selling them at the best price currently, despite the poor description on their website which says the nail gun comes with 2 gas canisters which it does not.

Anyway, until I find a cheaper supplier of me too nails and gas, I invested in 2 starter packs from Screwfix, a box of 63mm and a box of 45mm brads,

I was a little shocked to see the best before dates on the 2 boxes, June 2011 and September 2011, 9 months on one and 11 on the other, now as a serious DIYer and not a pro, there is no way I'm going to use all the gas within the best before date.

I work in the medical industry, some of our products are sterile for a maximum of 5 years, does 9 months not seem a bit short in terms of shelf life? What is normal when it comes to Palsode packs? Have I just been dumped with a load of old stock from my local Screwfix shop? (a bigger risk now they are not all coming next day from a central warehouse) Should I return these for credit as I've not yet opened them? And then buy from somewhere else?

Regards

Paul

Sponsored Links
...."I was a little shocked to see the best before dates"...

Tell me you weren't planning on eating them? ;)

Seriously though, this is normal as far as paslode goes, you may get a slight variation in length of time left from outlet to outlet but its the way it is with the gas canisters. I find its better just to buy them seperate, infact i have to as my nails out last the gas so your never in sync, if poss when buying seperate ask to see the best before dates, perhaps not from screwfix though

Regarding the best before dates, would putting them in the freezer help? Probably not wise to defrost in the microwave though.

I've used gas which was "out of date" by a couple of years with no problems

Regarding the best before dates, would putting them in the freezer help? Probably not wise to defrost in the microwave though.

I've used gas which was "out of date" by a couple of years with no problems

I found the exact opposite woody, left in the back of your cold van during winter months the gas would not work, keep them in your nice n toasty cab to warm up and they were fine

Sponsored Links
I've got some well out of gas in my gun and it still seems to work fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back