Pan Connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i have fitted a new pan and need advice please, i have bought a hepworth spc103 pan connector, now this pushes on the back of the pan, the next bit i need advice on, with the other end there are rubber seal, does this end simply push into the pipe that i have? im worried about connecting it all up and water pouring out!!
thanks

Sponsored Links
by joe you got it in one.

water won't leak that bad unless you leave the seal off.
or just try tipping some water down pan before doing a full flush if your worried.

thanks for the prompt reply, this new cloakroom is turning into a nitemare due to the old setup being from the 60's
the next problem i have is the basin waste, there was an old P trap there, but with the new style no trap will reach the outlet, could i attach a flexible waste pipe connetor to a bottle trap

not seeing the job hard to say what is best.

but you can use a flexi waste pipe or can't you extend the waste pipe to the right length ?

can't stand all this flexi cr*p it makes a job look a bodge.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the prompt reply, this new cloakroom is turning into a nitemare due to the old setup being from the 60's
the next problem i have is the basin waste, there was an old P trap there, but with the new style no trap will reach the outlet, could i attach a flexible waste pipe connetor to a bottle trap

There are bottle traps available with adjustable heights.

heres the basin waste and the gap, the outlet is about 6inches away . the second pic is the pan connnector in the pipe, its as far in as it would go so i hope it will be ok
DSC01146.jpg

DSC01147.jpg
[/img]

the basin waste pipe looks to low any way.
can't you use a 90 bend then section of pipe then 90 bend then pipe into trap.

or use a spigot bend into another bend into trap.

wc waste looks ok
you can get a 110mm pipe cover that will hide it going ito floor make it look neater.

If you have trouble fitting the pan connector into your soil pipe smear a bit of washing up liquid on the rubber rings. It will slide in a treat and also save you pushing the pan connector in too hard that you knock the soil connection out the wall!

Extending the 32mm waste for you basin is one of the simpler jobs with push-fit or even solvent weld, don't go down the flexi route. And as mentioned these are available:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11882/Plumbing/Wastes-and-Traps/Telescopic-Bottle-Trap-32mm

thanks very much for the advice, will be off to the plumbers merchants in the morning, hopefully i can finish this job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back