Pan Connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with an old toilet pan connector installed in 1989?

See picture.

It has what looks like a permanent rigid black base and a white flexible collar that connects to the 90 degree connector on the toilet. The width of the rubber collar is just over 4 inches (approx)

I'm going to be reinstalling the entire bathroom and the new WC will be a back to wall cabinet with Tabor toilet.

Is there a flexi connector that will attach to any part of this current setup, or will I have to modify it in any way?

Thanks V Much
Stuart

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Carefully cut it back to floor level and start again with a flexible pan connector. Can use a 90 or a straight depending on how far away the new pan is from the waste.

Ted

You need to get the new cabinet in place along with the new pan, then you will be able to see what connector you need. As already suggested, remove the current connector and start again. There are various options available for connecting up whether it's flexi or rigid.

The only time one gets a problem is when the waste sticks out further than the unit, but it seems to be ok in your case.

Just to clarify. Do you mean cut the black part to be at exactly the same level as the floor or is there a flexi connector that can be used if I only cut off the white parts?

Also is that black part of the connection made of metal or plastic or something else?

Thanks for the replies

Stuart.

Sponsored Links
The white part will pull out of the black part.

As mentioned you can then offer up your new pan and see if you need to cut the black part down.

The black part looks like it's made of clay to me.

If you can avoid cutting it do. If you need to cut it go careful.

Ted

You appear to have a salt glaze hub with a rim of sand and cement mortar surrounding the plastic.

Given that you are re-furbishing the bathroom then use a 9" angle grinder with a stone blade to cut the salt glaze hub off level with the floor.

You will now have a clean surface to work to, and no problems if the finished floor is raised by tile etc.

Dont use a flexi connector - you will only be possibly storing up future difficulties.

Dont re-use any of the in-place plastic fittings (skip them) - renew any required fittings or pipe..

Dont use a flexi connector - you will only be possibly storing up future difficulties.

Sometimes you have to. For instance if when the pan is centred within the width of the unit but the hole doesn't line up with the back of the pan.

There is nothing in the pic or the information supplied which would indicate that a flexi connector is required.

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm going to get some assistance with this part, I think, as when it comes to the point of no return, I'll need an expert nearby.

The pipework , floor and walls need to be tackled first, so I doubt I'll get to the toilet fitting for another three weeks.

Stuart

From the pic and the information given, we can't tell if a flexi pan connector is or isn't needed. We don't know the distance between the wall and the centre of the soil connection. If when the toilet is centred within the unit, the soil waste could be offset. I'm not saying it will be, I'm saying it could be. Even if the alignment is out by an inch, a rigid pan connector will not work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back