Panasonic 55HZ980 Panel Maintenance Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has a Panasonic OLED television, model number 55HZ980, she keeps getting a message that says ”the panel maintenance has failed to complete”, and when on standby the light is orange rather than red.

She hasn’t got a USB or HDD connected, no recordings scheduled, she’s tried turning it off and leaving it overnight and closing it down via the menu, Picture - Screen Settings - Panel Maintenance- Start Now, yet it always fails to complete.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
googling suggests:

LED turns to orange in Standby mode in the following conditions:

– Recording is in progress.
– Timer Programming is set.
– DLNA Server is set to On.
– Powered On by Apps is set to On.
– Home Streaming is set to Always.
– Powered On by Easy Mirroring is set to On.
– TV Anywhere is set to On.

So set all these to off, even if just for troubleshooting purposes.

Also uncheck the voice control for controlling the tv within the “smart speaker” heading, unplug any soundbar if connected.

Then failing any of that working the ubiquitous factory reset.

There may be some other google hacks worth looking at.

googling suggests:

LED turns to orange in Standby mode in the following conditions:

– Recording is in progress.
– Timer Programming is set.
– DLNA Server is set to On.
– Powered On by Apps is set to On.
– Home Streaming is set to Always.
– Powered On by Easy Mirroring is set to On.
– TV Anywhere is set to On.

So set all these to off, even if just for troubleshooting purposes.

Also uncheck the voice control for controlling the tv within the “smart speaker” heading, unplug any soundbar if connected.

Then failing any of that working the ubiquitous factory reset.

There may be some other google hacks worth looking at.
Thanks, I’d already googled and found that thread, unfortunately tried those suggestions but no luck.

Although some of those options appear slightly different on her model, no DNLA Server, but there is a Home Network which I’ve turned off.

Many thanks anyway.

I’ll hold off on the factory reset to see if anyone has come across this problem before

Think it’s asking for a refresh …

Attachments

• 5EABB004-9229-46DA-A215-32739A96E213.png
    5EABB004-9229-46DA-A215-32739A96E213.png
    462.8 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
Tried all the suggestions still no joy, am back up at daughters house tomorrow so will try again and unplug all connections, fire stick, Bluray, Nintendo and Ethernet cable.

UPDATE

If anyone else is struggling with the panel maintenance not completing, I disconnected all the HDMI, USB, Ethernet & Jack connectors and ran the panel maintenance program with just the aerial connected and it completed first time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back