SD card or Blu-ray disc recorder problem

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Panasonic Blu-ray disc recorder DMR-BWT720

I am trying to copy some videos to the HDD of this unit from a Panasonic camcorder HC-V100.
The recorder lists the videos correctly and will accept my selecting each video using the yellow button on the remote. However, when I select 'Start' and click 'OK' I receive a message (after a few seconds) stating that 'copying has been cancelled'.

I have attempted to do this several times, both by inserting the SD card directly into the recorder and also by connecting the camcorder (with SD card) via USB cable.

Despite this problem, the recorder WILL play the videos and I also successfully copied the videos on to my laptop.

I now find that all the videos appear with an exclamation mark on the screen of my camcorder when I attempt to view them. However, I can still view them when connected to the Blu-ray recorder and my laptop.

Do you have any advice as to what I need to do to rectify this problem, please?

Sponsored Links
What's the history of this fault" I.e, have you ever achieved it successfully previously?

What is the file format?
Is it compatible with the DMR-BWT720?
Is there enough space on the DMR-BWT720 HDD?
What does the user manual fault-finding section have to say about the reason for 'copying has been cancelled'?

What's the history of this fault" I.e, have you ever achieved it successfully previously?

What is the file format?
Is it compatible with the DMR-BWT720?
Is there enough space on the DMR-BWT720 HDD?
What does the user manual fault-finding section have to say about the reason for 'copying has been cancelled'?

Thanks for your response.

These recordings come up as AVCHD Video.
Yes. That file type has been copied to the Blu-ray recorder before.
Yes. Plenty of free space on the recorder.
I can find nothing in the manual fault-finding section that relates to 'copying has been cancelled' or anything similar. (I did e-mail Panasonic for advice a week ago, but they haven't replied yet.)

What I do now recall is that I copied all these short (mostly less than a minute) recordings on the SD card to my computer but, before doing that, I re-named each one to indicate the location whilst on the SD card.

When these renamed files were copied to my computer, they played without any problem. However, they no longer play on the camcorder nor will they copy on to the Blu-ray recorder, although they WILL play on the recorder. That is the strange thing. Why will they play but not record?

Incidentally, I later examined the recordings as listed on my computer and found that they all had the 'Archived' box ticked. I laboriously went through each one (there are about 160) and un-ticked each box. Having done that, I found that a couple of isolated files would then play on the camcorder, but not the rest.

The recordings are still there on the SD card but, for some reason, they (or the vast majority) will not play on the camcorder or record to the Blu-ray recorder HDD.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sam,

I fear you might be right. At least the videos are saved on my computer and, for safety, also on the 'cloud'.

I have submitted requests for help on the first two forums you kindly provided, but not the third as they don't seem to have an appropriate section for this particular problem.

I live in hope!

It may be a size issue. I found with USB stick although 16G because formatted to FAT 32 I could not transfer some files even though enough room. But with the portable hard drives formatted NTFS there was no problem. One of my LAN hard drives is still FAT 32 and that one failed.

Many devices are linux based which is yet another format type so try transferring a small film and see if that works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back