Panasonic LCD 26" TV with built in freeview freezes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a freeview integrated in it, panasonic TV and it kept sticking on channels when I was trying to change them, and didn't appear to be the remote, so I did a factory reset, and now it won't find any freeview channels, it just gets stuck when looking for them and I have to switch it off at the wall and leave it for a while and try again, but the same thing keeps happening.
I contacted Panasonic and they were about as much use as a chocolate tea pot and couldn't offer advice.
I use a battery operated aerial for all my TV's, as our main transmitter is on the hill over from my house, so we have an excellent signal in every room.
We have a 37" panasonic plasma, bought the same day as the 26" and this is working fine. They are 4-5 years old and have never had any trouble, till now!!!
Any ideas on what I can try???

Sponsored Links
If it's freezing on the aerial signal then it's either too little or too much signal level.

1) are you watching Freeview on both TVs?

2) take the 26" in to the same room as the plasma and try it with that aerial connection.

If you find it's OK with the plasma feed then it's something to do with the cabling to the other room. If it still freezes then I'd be tempted to try it at a neighbours who also use Freeview. That way you'll know if it's the TV or the aerial. You'll then be in a better position to decide what to do next.

I have got another TV in the bedroom at the moment freeview integrated samsung one, using same aerial, and it is working well. I also tried a phillips 32" integrated one from the sitting room in there and it worked fine. A also tried Panasonic 26 with a different aerial and same issue.
This is all new information that would have been useful at the outset. Why didn't you say this in the beginning?

Can we also clarify 'different aerial' - Was this from the same distribution amplifier but just a different socket, or a completely separate system?

In the absence of any further new information [ ;) ] I'd be tempted to look at too much signal level (get an attenuator) then consider contacting Panasonic again and giving them the full story

Sponsored Links
I'm not being sarcastic. I am trying to help you, but you are making that process unnecessarily difficult by leaving out key facts e.g. things you have already tried and done to diagnose the fault. The result is wasted time and energy.

You might do well to remember that you're the one asking for advice, so a little courtesy in providing some pertinent background information is not an unreasonable request. You might also consider that the reason you are asking for that advice is because you don't want to pay Panasonic to provide an on-site diagnostic service. In other words you are here to save money. That means using someone else's expertise for free so that you don't have to dip in to your own purse or wallet. Going off on one to someone trying to help you, for free, really is bad form.

Back to your problem... The tuner sensitivity varies from TV brand to brand. I haven't experienced problems with Panasonic TV tuners in any of the sets I have sold and installed. But then again, they were all used with roof mounted aerials and proper TV distribution systems. I have never used them with a £20 indoor aerial. Have you tried with the booster circuit on and off to see if there's a difference?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back