Panasonic Lumix replacement batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy new year all...

I have a Panasonic Lumix FS5 compact digicam, and I though it might be worth an ask on here before a google...

Are there issues with using ebay replacement batteries in my Lumix, there are conflicting reports, but I just replaced my Fiju after 10 years, and I used non-OEM batteries from ebay.

There are both issues with supply of Lumix batteries from Panasonic, and also reported firmware lock-out of non-OEM ones.

Also, the ebay batteries are about 10% of the price of an OEM one, so a potential huge saving.

MT

Ben

I take it that there is nothing illegal about discussing non-OEM batteries on a public forum, and no copyright infrindgement?

Sponsored Links
I've got two batteries for my Lumix still camera - one is the original supplied with the camera, the other a cheap generic one from Hong Kong via eBay.

The only one that holds a charge for any length of time is the original.

For what it's worth, the cheap generic that I got lasts around 10mins at most, even less if I'm using flash. It was fine at the start, was OK for 3 or 4 recharge cycles, then got worse very rapidly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back