Panasonic microwave oven works for about 20 second and stop!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I have a Panasonic microwave oven and last night I put two microwavebel meal in side for 15 minuets (on the instruction for cooking mentions 8 minuets each and they were two so I set it for 15 minuets) and about 10 minutes in I smelled smoke, like electrical wire and I stop it lift it for couple of hours and tried it again but the microwave works for about 20 second and stop! :( I tried few times but it's the same but the oven works fine! Anybody know what's wrong with it? :?: Thanks

Sponsored Links
Louis121 said:
Anybody know what's wrong with it? :?: Thanks
its had it

unless you know exactly what you are doing, i wouldn't bother they are cheap enough for a new domestic one

I'm guessing that this is the "inverter" model.
If it is, you're looking at a costly repair. Magnetron and inverter board will both be faulty. Normal cause is faulty magnetron which in turn blows the inverter board.
Power off before working on any appliance.

Sponsored Links
Magnetrons do get quite hot when run for long periods like 15 minutes. It is better to try to avoid having the microwave on full power for that long but the lower power settings are OK as there will be off periods when the magnetron can cool down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back