Panel Mount Isolator - Lock ON?

yep not living there but paying half the mtg. joint ownership.. so I have the right to stand there all day. Could even plug my laptop in and work from the cupboard. the solar would effectively charge it ;)
So you would be happy for your children to be sleeping in a property that cannot be safely isolated in an emergency?

Sponsored Links
So you would be happy for your children to be sleeping in a property that cannot be safely isolated in an emergency?

Certainly not.. see post #9. Kids are there so has to be safe.

Will have to go the bear trap route.. they can't reach the isolator so theyll be fine ;)

Unfortunately the "people" were talking about are the Ex. for some reason she has a bee in her knickers about keeping the solar system turned off depite the fact itll earn her £500 a year plus whatever she saves in elec bills..

this appears to be an (ex) marital dispute. No point in arguing about it. If she lives there and you don't you are wasting your time.

If your wording is accurate, the only person losing money is her.

Let it go.

As I said, if one of the functions of this device is as an 'emergency switch', then locking it off would be a no-no.

However, as I also said, IF the only reason for it is as an isolator, for maintenance etc. (e.g. as with all those in supplies to kitchen appliances, not actually 'required'), then there is much less of an argument for not allowing it to be locked off (since, if it is not 'required', there might not be a switch there at all).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
From this I assume you are expected to pay for the heating and you are being forced to pay extra. You have my empathy. Offer to withold the predicted savings amout from your payments especially if you have previous years usage figures to refer to.

The thing that hasn't been picked up yet is the front panel isolator is isolates 2 sources of power in one operation and I really urge you not to attempt to lock it on, it really is a hazardous scenario.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back