Panic Buying Of Fuel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WISHFUL THINKING:

Don't panic buy, says some transport geezer on the radio today...it will prevent a shortage situation if everybody sticks to their "usual buying patterns"

REALITY:

Queues all the way down the A34 towards Wilmslow for the Tesco PFS, queues for all the local pumps I found within 10 miles of home. Some people even panic-buying 5 litre containers in bulk, and filling these up, too.

One guy running up a total of £100+ for his TDi Xantia plus 10 x 5l containers!

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
WISHFUL THINKING:

people who didnt even know about it now panicing, since they have now heard about it form some one

my tank is has about 300 miles worth of diesel in, and i have a 25L container i filled the other day. altho the container will be used fo next fill. fuel strike or not

andrew2022 said:
my tank is has about 300 miles worth of diesel in, and i have a 25L container i filled the other day

whoopie, and what will you do when you run out, and the nearest filling station is empty, because they sold their last to some one with a 25L tank, who left it at home

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
andrew2022 said:
my tank is has about 300 miles worth of diesel in, and i have a 25L container i filled the other day

whoopie, and what will you do when you run out, and the nearest filling station is empty, because they sold their last to some one with a 25L tank, who left it at home

itll get used. oh, and i aint worried about places bein empty. i can get diesel if i need it

If the pumps do run dry, it could lead to a run on vegetable oil. This'll cause a greater demand for Lard (for us chip monsters). etc.. Where is all this going, there'll be mass starvation, anarchy, people throwing themselves under busses, just so they can be hospitalised and be given food.

Actually, on second thoughts It'll probably never happen. The busses won't be running will they ;)

£100.00 a fill up, I remember those days!! Seriously though remember you are only allowed to store approx 200 litres of fuel at home unless properly licenced. There is as far as I know no short term worldwide fuel shortage, yes it is true that sustainable oil production has now topped out and that there have been no major new oil finds since 2001, but it is something we will have to deal with.

if the government didnt charge 27.1P/litre to use veggie oil and they got the message accross more that it can be used, then many more people would do this. that way as much as 30-40% less diesel is used. but then they dont want to loose that profit. they would rather have the extra money in taxes than worry about global warming

securespark said:
WISHFUL THINKING:

Don't panic buy, says some transport geezer on the radio today...it will prevent a shortage situation if everybody sticks to their "usual buying patterns"

REALITY:

Queues all the way down the A34 towards Wilmslow for the Tesco PFS, queues for all the local pumps I found within 10 miles of home. Some people even panic-buying 5 litre containers in bulk, and filling these up, too.

One guy running up a total of £100+ for his TDi Xantia plus 10 x 5l containers!

ha ha ha ha and this is just the begining just wait until the astroid its
it gonna be great tv

B.O.B DOLE said:
it gonna be great tv

if an asteroid hits, watchin TV is gonna have the least priority. unless of course the simpsons is on...

and thats providing TV is still bein boradcast

Blame the newpapers for this...scarmongering just to get a story.....the main demo is going to be on the m4....they are either going to block it (dobutful) or drive slowly down it.

If here becomes a shortage of cooking oil becaue people are putting it in their cars does that mean the price of fish n chips will go up??

David E said:
If here becomes a shortage of cooking oil becaue people are putting it in their cars does that mean the price of fish n chips will go up??

We might need to invent a reason to invade Scarborough or Blackpool to get at their valuable cooking oil reserves.

No queues at any of the garages on my way to work (Yorkshire) though lots on my brother's this morning (Essex) - Seems a funny thing because there is no oil shortage at the moment, everyone is being told not to panic buy, and that is exactly what they are doing. I don't even think its the media making everyone panic this time, just some crazy word-of-mouth thing...

Never mind the queues @ the pumps ...look out for the 4x4 `s driving @ 40 on the main roads....trying to conserve fuel...caught behind 2 of the tossers@ the weekend :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back