Panic Buying Of Fuel

That is so true - Only a week or so back, everyone was talking about consumer power and boycotts, and now that there is a rumour of a non-existent shortage, its every man for himself and fill up the jerry-cans.......

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone

the only people who will benefit from this situation is oil companys who will sell loads more fuel & the government for the taxes.
They dont sell MORE fuel, they sell it in a shorter time slot.
As they are geared up to delivery a steady supply with X number of tankers, the shortage is only short lived, although saying that, now people will keep topping the tanks up, rather than letting them get to the near MT position.

Oh well next week there could be a shortage of spring flowering bulbs...its life...

I used to worry now Im to old to. :LOL:

Diyisfun said:
Oh well next week there could be a shortage of spring flowering bulbs...its life...
:

Oh my god why did you have to say that, I just went down to my local garden centre and people are already panic buying!

panic buy red diesel in the form of 45 gallon drums so you never have to errr run out for your boat

dont use it on the road or your cheating our government ok DONT U DO THAT

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
Never mind the queues @ the pumps ...look out for the 4x4 `s driving @ 40 on the main roads....trying to conserve fuel...caught behind 2 of the t*****s@ the weekend :evil:

Fancy, people trying to save fuel! Goodness me, they'll be steering to avoid children and cats next! ;)

I have about 100 miles left in my tank, that will last me into the middle of next week if I am careful and drive efficiently. I refuse to be part of the sheep mentality and instead am buying a new set of inner tubes and a pump for my bicycle! If I pass a petrol station with no queues, I will fill up but I would have been anyway (as I pointed out, I've only got a quarter of a tank left)

I went to the supermarket yesterday, witnessed the queues including one to**er who was shouting, revving, and spinning the wheels of his big pick-up truck... What a genius! :LOL: Everyone else sitting there calmly and quietly, waiting their turn, with Mr Smalltackle barking his head off at the whole world.

Although, I did notice most of them left the engine on, and had the windows shut (indicating they had the a/c going too). Hmmmm, must have been on their way to a freakin' MENSA convention :rolleyes:

Minimum purchasing... how is this going to affect mopeds with 5-litre tanks? :LOL:

If people don't listen then we'll be back to the situation in the 70's with garages rationing fuel, the tankers are still delivering there are no shortages bar those caused by the uncontrolled panic buying.
If it's not fuel it's bread. :rolleyes:

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
the only people who will benefit from this situation is oil companys who will sell loads more fuel & the government for the taxes.

but overall fuel consumption will be the same, possibly less

I have to say I was very disappointed.

I went to the petrol station this evening. I was looking forward to seeing some "panic buying". I expected to see lots of people running around in a panic, shouting "AAAAGH!!! AAAAGH!!!!", throwing petrol all over the place in the process.

However when I got there they just seemed to be calmly filling up their cars. :confused:

Most disappointing. :(

I went to our local filling station to take part in a bit of panic-buying.

Now I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with 150 packs of crisps, 200 Mars Bars, an armful of road maps and a pallet load of Smith and Kendon's............

Any takers?

I'll take a few of those Ginsters off your hands ;)

Now, I hope there isn't a fuel shortage, but I've been thinking about how to make the best of a bad situation.

I can cycle to and from work. Isn't pleasant, but is doable. Now, if there ARE fuel shortages, I might just cycle and leave my car at home with 10 gallons of petrol in it.

Then, in a couple of weeks when everyone else's tanks have run dry, and the police have decided there is no point patrolling the roads anymore (on their stockpiled fuel, of course) I am going to have some fun.

Now, you know all those country lanes you have driven on where you think "If only this road was clear of caravans then I could blat along here having ever so much fun", or those 10-mile motorway straights where you think "Wonder how fast my car can go"? Well, I'm going to take a day off work and drive on them all. It will be great fun, how driving should be.

Then when I get bored and hungry, I'm going to go to a drive-through and won't have to queue. YES! It will be good.

Then, I'll go to the local cinema car park, where the local yobbery will have gathered through force of habit, leaving their empty Saxos and Fiestas at home. I'll "cruise" up and down past them repeatedly, just as they do whenever I've been drinking in one of the bars. EXCEPT, instead of revving the nuts off my engine, through a "Fart-sound" exhaust, whilst listening to "bangin' toons", I'll do it quietly and sensibly, with the windows wound down and either Classic FM or Jazz FM blasting out of my sound system. Every now and again I'll shout at them "Yeh, check it out! My car is standard as F**K! Isn't it COOOOOOOOL?!?!"

Not because I would enjoy it, but because THEY wouldn't!!!

Now, THAT is making the best of a bad situation. Perhaps. :eek:

i got some petrol yesterday as i was passing and there was'nt much of a Q.the chap in front put £3 in and said "i did'nt think i had that much left in my tank"f****** idiot,why do people have fuel guages.if every one took his attitude i'm not suprised that they will be Qing into the next county. :evil:

As of yesterday morning, both our local stations have run out of U/L....

securespark said:
As of yesterday morning, both our local stations have run out of U/L....

just been to asda to top up (had just under 1/2 tank. no queue at all. infct, there was only me and 1 other car

just drove past 3 stations in chesterfield, all had sold out.

Sponsored Links
Back