Panicking over possible asbestos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have spent the last few years renovating a property during which I have lived in the house full time. To cut a long story short I had the entire hot press cupboard revamped about 2 years ago with new immersion heater etc. A lot of dust and rubble from the job fell on the floor of the cupboard along with some bits of old plaster which I discovered recently. Upon examining this plaster I have become extremely concerned that it might be asbestos . The plaster I found contains a white mesh scrim throughout. I know that hessian scrim was used in the past but the colour of this does not look right for hessian as it is pure white. Is it possible asbestos string was used? I know the only way to know for sure is to test and I have contacted a licensed contractor but your input would very much be welcomed as this has ruined my entire day - I would have been in and out of this cupboard on a daily basis for the last 2 years
thumbnail_20171029_144900.jpg
thumbnail_20171029_144807.jpg
thumbnail_20171029_144826.jpg

PS The property is in Northern Ireland and was built in the early 1960's.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back