papering round an external corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

i am lining the walls in our bedroom and have come to a wall with an external corner. the internal corners were ok to do but how do i get the paper to fit snugly round the corner?? the wall has been plastered and there is the rounded edge of some angle bead to go round but i am having difficulty getting a nice 'sharp' corner.

many thanks

george

Sponsored Links
Couple of ways you can tackle this really..

On..make sure the paper and the corner is well pasted, take the paper round and use a wet sponge folded in half so it touches both sides of the corner and rin it up and down to get rid of any excess air..plus it will allow the paper to skrink a little as it dries..thus drying tighter

Or..

Measure the paper so you allow about 25mm over the external angel and cut it off....then do the same with the next piece, then when they are both dry rub them over (up and down) with a piece of 100 grade abrasive paper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back