Parents off on holiday, I'm freezing

KJC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant central heating system. It's 10 years old, tried calling the support helpline but the number doesnt exist anymore.

Gas credit ran out, and the heating went off, so I activated the emergency credit and pushed the black button on the boiler thingy and the heating came back on. Great. So I went to work, came back home and it's stone cold again. I still had plenty of emergency credit left (at least £4.50).

I assumed it wouldn't come back on because it was emergency credit, so I put £10 credit back on the card and pushed the black button on the boiler thingy but same thing kept happening... It would make a noise, and the black button would pop back out then an orange light appears. What that orange light means, I don't know. I tried turning the boiler off and back on again, but same thing happens.

Parents said I didn't have to touch the control panel controlling the heating in the kitchen, and from looking at it, it looks like the heating is on ok. They said just to push the black button if it goes off. They said the gas credit would last me 2 weeks (it lasted 1). But I have plenty of credit now, so what's going on?

Sponsored Links
10 year old valliant so prob a 242e/282e . Trying to light then button popping out on reset, Sounds like you have a faulty flame supervision board . Case of sods law. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I have a Vaillant central heating system...............

Is there a pressure gauge on the Vaillant boiler, clock-type thing usually near the bottom?

What is it reading? Usually in bar, maybe in psi?

does it have a permanant pilot light, is it lit, usually a grey button you push and hold and a black one to cause a spark to light it

I have a Vaillant central heating system...............

Is there a pressure gauge on the Vaillant boiler, clock-type thing usually near the bottom?

What is it reading? Usually in bar, maybe in psi?

There are two pressure gauges and they are pretty much at zero.

does it have a permanant pilot light, is it lit, usually a grey button you push and hold and a black one to cause a spark to light it

not that I know off... Only two buttons, an on and off switch and a black button which I spoke of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back