Combi Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with my Wickes halstead combi boiler. It was working fine yesterday. I'm in the process of doing my house up so am not staying there. I went back today and have had a new fuseboard installed for me.

I turned on the hotwater and the boiler started up, however the hot water didn't get hot. So I looked at the boiler saw that the burner hadn't come on and pushed the ignition lockout reset button. This got the burner to fire up, however after 10 seconds it cut off again. I pushed the reset button and had the same result. So i tried the heating, again the boiler started however the burner didn't come on again. So I pushed the reset button again and it did the same as before the burner came on for about 10 seconds and then just turned off again.

As I said it was working fine yesterday the only change is that i've had a new fuseboard installed, however as there is power to the boiler I can't see how this can have caused the problem (could be wrong though). The heating is full I checked the pressure and made sure there was no air in any of the rads. There is also gas to the boiler. So anyone got any ideas as to what is causing the problem? Typical always happens on a freezing night!

Sponsored Links
Check that the live and neutral are what they are meant to be at the boiler fused spur

If there was a live and neutral round the wrong way wouldn't that trip it at the fuseboard? The boiler always has power.

If the live and neutral are reversed the flame failure device will not detect a flame and will go to lockout. As well as the spur check the polarity is correct at the fuse board.

I've come across this problem a few times after rewires and also after seeboard swapped a meter.

Mike

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back