I need help with my firebird boiler please.

Katie seems to be talking about the boiler in CH mode.

I presume she has checked the CH pump.

What I dont know is if the pump shart is turning.

The water pressure is unknown. All we know is the gauge reads 1 Bar. But it may be stuck or the tube may be blocked.

Good question to Katie. What happens when you try to boiler on DHW?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Katie seems to be talking about the boiler in CH mode.

I presume she has checked the CH pump.

What I dont know is if the pump shart is turning.

The water pressure is unknown. All we know is the gauge reads 1 Bar. But it may be stuck or the tube may be blocked.

Good question to Katie. What happens when you try to boiler on DHW?

Tony

The DHW heats up and the pump works. my dad had the CH pump out and it works and he put it back but the pump doesn't seem to energize. any ideas why this is?

the boiler lights up and heats the water and cuts out after about 30mins.

thanks katie.

Sponsored Links
As a temporary test and to get CH if you needed it then just power the CH pump from a 13A socket with a 3A fuse in the plug.

Tony

I went to a boiler yesterday and the clever dad had tiled the underneath so there was no access to the case screws underneath!

Now waiting for Dad to come and sort out his mistake.

Someone else put a kitchen cabinet so that prevented the PCB flap being lowered.

Tony

hi tony, my dad has tried powering up the CH pump and it works on its own. but to make sure he changed all the stats making sure they were all connected up the same. also he changed the pressure pump and the flow switch and now he can't get a peep out of it, the DHW doesn't work either. the only thing that is visibly obvious is the red light on the relay box and the reset button light on the pannel is on. he's tried pressing the reset button on the new stat and that doesn't activate anything. can u help...have u heard of anything like this before lol. thanks for your help.

Have heard of, and folowed lots of peoples "dads" to jobs which were never as big as before the messing.
He has changed every thermostat and one pump and now it doesn't work at all.
For your purses sake, get someone in who knows what they're doing!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back