I need help with my firebird boiler please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My firebird combi c26-2007 boiler has cut out, the high limit thermostat reset button has activated. When the boiler cools down I press the reset button and the boiler starts imediately and as soon as the boiler warms up it cuts out again. It does not circulate water. The burner lockout is never activated. It doesn't need resetting.

Sponsored Links
Is the system Pressure gauge reading around 1 bar??
is the Circulating pump running when the boiler fires,
sounds like a job for a Service engineer!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Seized pump or an electrical problem.

To check if the pump has seized, with the system off, find the pump, unscrew and remove the silver metal disc with a slot on it, a little water will come out.

Put a flat blade screwdriver inside, find the slot and see if the impeller inside spins freely.

If it does, it's not seized, if it doesn't, see if you can work it, force it to turn, also giving it a few bashes with a hammer sometimes works.

If you can get it turning, replace the disc and fire up the system and see if the pump hums/spins.

my dad has checked the pump and he said that the impeller does spin freely.

it must be an electrical fault. how could this be fixed? :)

my dad said he hasn't checked the voltage @ pump terminals so he'll do that, thanks.

he's wondering if it could possibly be a problem with the sika flow switch? if so how could it be fixed?

The symptom indicates a lack of actual flow through the boiler.

That could be lack of water or the pump not turning.

Have you checked to see if the pump is actually turning? Opening the screw and seen if the shaft turns?

If not see if there is 230v at the pump connections/

Tony

The symptom indicates a lack of actual flow through the boiler.

That could be lack of water or the pump not turning.

Have you checked to see if the pump is actually turning? Opening the screw and seen if the shaft turns?

If not see if there is 230v at the pump connections/

Tony

Did you read the previous posts before you posted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back