Parquet sub floor questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone

Hopefully someone can help me out with my sub flooring concerns.

I have brought 3000 parquet blocks and painfull attempted to remove the bitumen off them last week! After 3 days and some 250 blocks down my fingers felt like they had fallen off so I gave up! I'm now into the process of just taking the backs off using my bench saw taking of around 2mm of tile which is giving me a very clean backing But I think the neighbours hate me right now lol

Anyway onto sub floor I'm parqueting 2 rooms first is 2x3msq and second is 3x4msq the latter is around 4-5mm lower than the first room both rooms are concrete.

My plan is to plywood the larger floor to bring it up level with the smaller

My questions are

1, what DPM should I put down on both concrete flooring

2, what should I use to stick the ply down? Is ply the best method

3, any recommendations on parquet glue

Cheers

Sponsored Links
When I cleaned up a load, I started using the freezer to harden the bitumen then used a scraper, followed by a belt sander to remove the backing. That worked great but was slow.

I then bought some more and tried the above but less successful, and found that PROPER white spirit removed the stuff. Very messy but using a varnish scraper I could do a fair few in an hour.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't be putting plywood down mate.
Have a look at Ardex DPM1c for dpm and Ardex NA Screeding compound
Or Fball do similar system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back