Part exchanging with a builder and Damp proofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone we live in a mid terraced built in 1890 and we are relocating due to work so we got to sell our house and we are part exchanging for a new build (Bovis). We are waiting for a surveyor to come survey our house ( Home buyers Report). Now we have been in this house now for 14 years and never had any signs at all for damp sight or smell. We have also had the wallpaper on for the past 8 years and there is no sign of peeling or anything. I have been outside and can see a damp proof course round the kitchen but can see one on either ends of the house but does have a ventilation brick one 1 side of the house where the floorboards are. Now if the surveyor does find a high reading of Damp will Bovis expect us to have a new damp proof course put in. We hope not as we didnt really want to fork out for it.
Also if we did have damp how much would it be to put right and who do I contact to get a damp survey done I know not to contact companies as they just want your business so 9 times out of ten they will say yes we need a damp proof course.
How much would it be and how long would it take to do?
Hope someone can help me please
Many Thanks
Eve

Sponsored Links
You have lived there for 14 years with no signs of any damp problems, so why do you expect some to magically appear now?

In any case, the seller does not have to do any work in order to sell a property

Thanks for your reply I am probably being a bit paranoid due to the age of the house to be honest will just have to wait and see I suppose
Thanks
Oggy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back