part G Blending valves for baths?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I recall a few years back new legislation coming into affect which stated that bath water must not exceed 60c, so new builds had to have blender valves fitted.

However does this apply to existing properties? and if so, where can I find this info? ive searched online but nothing concrete about existing baths.

Sponsored Links
No it doesn't, if you have kids it might be a good idea to install one, they are about £40. It is the TMV2 scheme if you want to google and download Approved Document G, it comes under regulation G3

No it doesn't, if you have kids it might be a good idea to install one, they are about £40. It is the TMV2 scheme if you want to google and download Approved Document G, it comes under regulation G3

thank you. I'm on a plumbing course at college, level 2, and they are saying all new baths and bath taps must have these fitted by law, even if its an old property. Is this correct?

Sponsored Links
It is not law to have them in private dwellings, most new build don't have them fitted. Hospitals, schools nursing homes etc they are a requirement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back