Part Garage conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am thinking of converting part of my garage (60/40) to an office, to free up the 3rd bedroom, the mrs is expecting in 3 weeks.

Firstly, I have a upvc window I got free from when I had my windows done. I want to put this in the back wall of the garage, as currently there is no window there.

Secondly, I want to add a second door, to the end part of the garage, as we will be gettting an extension later this year, and this second door will lead to the office.

As part of the garage will still be used as such, no change to the external, apart from window & poss door, will I need planning permission for this.

The interior will be studded and as such easily convertable back.

Sponsored Links
As long as you don't enlarge the garages footprint or height you will not need planning permission.

Just to add on,

A Building Regulations will need to be follow, even when Planning Permission is not required.

Structural alterations of any kind do require Building Regulation Approval.

Failure to do so could lead to difficulties when you come to sell your property and you might even have to change it back to how it was!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back