Part P and Garage

• Thread starter harrisonline
  • Start date
H

harrisonline

Can someone tell me what Part P says about re-wiring a garage?

The wiring in my garage was lethal. If I post some pics you wont belive them.

I re-wired the garage myself and it all now looks lovely. And I fitted a garage consumer unit instead of the old fuse box I had in there. I have done basic electrical insulation in college.

Also not long after I paid a proper part P electrician to fit a House consumer unit and test the whole property.

What I want to know is did I do the right thing? I want to use this as an example of me working on my own and following guidlines in a job application form. But don't want to say about this if I was in the wrong to do it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It would be better not to mention specifics, part-P aside, unless you performed tests such as R1+R2, polarity, EFLI, etc then you wouldn't have done the job properly even before part P came about. It's just asking for trouble if your employer asks a follow-up question about testing, assuming the job you're applying for is electrically biased. And no, that's not supposed to be a dodgy transistor pun :LOL:

Thanks,
The electrician who fitted the house consumer unit tested everything and I had a certificate through the post. But I think I won't mention it.

I'm applying for the Fire Brigade and there are 6 questions on the application form that require 150 word answers. One says to say about a situation where you had to work on your own whilst following guidelines. What did you do and what was the outcome sort of thing. I am racking my brains to think of something!

You could just play it down, don't mention you installed the CU or any other notifiable things. Just say you replaced some sockets according to the 17th edition etc etc.

Sponsored Links
bulbscrewdriverwef1.jpg

:?: :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back