part p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone please tell me if you have to have part p to exchange a combi boiler to a combi boiler.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
part p is for electrics. the previuos combi whoud have been connected to electrics somehow so if u are only swapping it then i'd say no.

unless its in the kitchen or bathroom

oh really who the f##k knows the ODPM dont, NIC dont CORGI dont lol

its a joke

Thanks for your replies. I have just got my corgi card back in own name after working for transco for nine years so am a bit rusty. corgi inspector came round for a chat and told me I might have to have part p and then again I might not, left me a bit confused thanks.

Sponsored Links
gazer said:
left me a bit confused
We're all a bit confused, or worse.

I honestly doubt whether there is anyone posting on this forum who has a sound understanding of Parts G, H, J, L and P, which are the Building Regulations that relate to plumbing and heating. The regulations have become so complex that it's becoming a joke.

As far as Part P is concerned, my attitude is that I am competent to deal with electrical CH supplies and control circuits (which cannot be said of many electricians) but I'm not an electrician, I don't want to be an electrician and I don't want or need to know about the details of Part P.

well said chris

I am reg with CORGI as a domestic installer, which allows me to install a single circuit central heating wiring etc so I am qualified to level B of part P.

do you how many jobs i have had to notify? (well to what I, CORGI and NIC think I sshould notify)

ONE

what was the point of a grand for the course, a monkey for the tester and 200 notes to CORGI to register??

I took my ELA installers course dec 04 cos of all fufore about part p being inforced as of the 1st jan 05 and look what happened to THAT

I really think the new regs can only be a good thing but they way they have been drawn up, introduced and enforced is like everything else labour do a total cock up.

I too am full;y qualified to do inspect and test my own work in any zone at any time standing on my head if I want, but I haven't a clue when I need which level.

On the same basis most electricians are just carrying on as per usual.

The controls are far too complexed for the simplistic nature of the work and workers.

An 8 year old could do our job, but it would take a bran surgeon to decide whether we ought to do it.

Just ignoire the whole lot like everyone else does except a few holier than though people on here.

Paul Barker said:
Just ignoire the whole lot like everyone else does except a few holier than though people on here.
Utinam inserviat renovationi ad quam indesinenter Sanctus Spiritus vocat Dei Ecclesiam, Christi Corpus, in itinere versus Regni lumen nulla umbra foedatum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back