partial cookie blocking

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
In IE7 options/privacy/sites I can block cookies from www.bloggs.com

however I have a case where I sign into bloggs.com every day and am a registered user (so the bloggs.com cookie get me in) but Adaware and Norton report that ads.bloggs.com is a tracking cookie.

I have both a bloggs.com cookie and an ads.bloggs.com cookie.

Can I block ads.bloggs.com but not the rest of bloggs.com, without manually accepting/rejecting every cookie from bloggs?

Sponsored Links
John,
From what I could find out I think you are stuck with it if you want the site's other cookie to be able to log in every time you visit.

Is the site (Bloggs) full of adverts down the sides or not?

If the only problem is Norton and Adaware reporting it, I would just ignore it.
If they remove it and it keeps being placed by the site, then all I coukd suggest is can you block it in your firewall or will that block the whole site.
dave

Have a look at this article. It explains how to set cookie handling at site level. As Dave mentioned above, it will depend on the desired result. It should be relevant to IE7 too.

John I may be misunderstanding the problem, but I suspect it is that when you run anti adware/spyware programmes they delete your log in details from sites you register with, & you have to keep re-entering them, which is a pain. I have found that if I run disk clean up instead of anti progarammes, it gets rid of tracking cookies but not login details that I want to keep. Or at least that is what seems to happen (but I will stand corrected),I am on XP with SP3.

Sponsored Links
no, Adaware only picks up the ads.blogs.com cookie, not the bloggs.com cookie that gets me in to my subsctiber page.

Back