Party wall act

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm removing a chimney and supporting it in the loft. Its on an ajoining wall to my neighbour. I have all serveyor plans and it will be signed off by building control.
What do I need to do with regard to Party wall act? Can I just send my neighbour a letter and get a signed letter back from them that they agree to the work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to serve a notice under the PWA - which does not have a particular format, but must contain certain details. There are also time periods for serving and before work can start

You need to serve a notice under the PWA - which does not have a particular format, but must contain certain details. There are also time periods for serving and before work can start

Is there somewhere I can get these details from?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably google.

The actual SI of the Act is quite short and details the notice period and information required within a notice.

But a suitably worded google search should throw something up

This work comes under Section 2(2) g of the PWA and here is an example notice

Also try submitaplan.com

We're working on a party wall construction for a couple of our clients at the moment. We submitted our building notice and all the documents relating to the case online through this site. It calculates the fee for you and also sends it to the appropriate local authority.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back