party wall act

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have planning application to extend the property at the back. We already have a common wall extension with my neighbour and I am extending that extension bit further. The plan was to build only on my side of the border in the middle of the wall. Our building regulation drawings show that. My neighbour decided that they may want to extend their side soon, so now they asked me if I could build on their side, so the extension wall is bang in the middle so they can use my wall as part of their extension in the near future. Do I need a new planning application (2 month job) or we are covered by the existing party wall act regulations and they just need to agree on the wall being built astride the border? Thank you for any answers. I am keen to start building works within 4 weeks to take advantage of the good summer weather.

Sponsored Links
Unless there's some peculiar reason why you think this will dramatically alter the appearance of your development, I really wouldn't bother going back to the council. Presumably you're paying the full cost of the wall. Remember that when the neighbour eventually comes to build their extension, they're supposed to pay half the cost of the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back