Paslode IM350 fires 10 nails then stops... fan or pcb?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having had a look around it would seem like it either the fan (very expensive £150 ish new) or the pcb,

will work perfectly for around 10-15 nails then it will flash red green on the light and the fan stops, if you drop battery and pop it back in it will do the same again,, i.e work for 10-15 nails,

so i guess its either the fan or pcb reading tyis, https://www.kelvinpowertools.com/blog/blog/paslode-nail-gun-problems

ive taken the motor out and it does appear to spin freely but thats not to say its drawing to much current when in use?

anyone experience with this fault?

Sponsored Links
Had a problem with one which had a loose gas hinge cover, after a few nails the vibration caused loosened the hinge pin and it stopped firing.

Sponsored Links
Just to update this, i got a new pcb at £45 which seemed to cure the problem... then it came back!

ended up being the multi pin connector working loose, give it a wiggle and it works, something must not be quite right but at least it fixable when im desperate for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back