passat electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody tell me where i can find my fuse box, in a 1998 vw passat all interior lights & boot light out

Sponsored Links
b1ker-uk said:
Have you looked in the owners manual, and if you dont have that get a haynes it is good value for money :LOL:
his fuse box wont be in the haynes manual, it'll be in the car somewhere.

But humour aside, fuse box could be next to the battery, behind / next to the glove box, under the steering wheel to the right, anywhere under the bonnet.

There should be one in the engine bay near the bulkhead on the drivers side. There should be three more to the right of the steering wheel in the dash/drivers kick panel area.

Sponsored Links
thanks spark123 i have'nt got a manual but i have looked in a black box on bulkhead which has silver box inside,did;nt like too touch,but i will take another look around drivers side,i might have to invest in a haynes

Before buying a haynes manual (unless you intend to do a lot of work), see if there's one at your local library.

success have found all fuses thanks spark123, but they are not problem

Passat's are prone to developing water leaks and soaking the convenience control unit which is located in a black box underneath the carpet of the passengers footwell. I that is soaked then you know thats the problem and will need replacing/repairing. If not do the lights work at all? i.e when opening other doors or not at all. And are any other convenience's working i.e electric windows, central locking etc?

thanks danny f.your spot on convenience unit is problem,but not wet.i can overide to get lights to work but they dont turn off

Sponsored Links
Back