Passat Stuck Bonnet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i've got a 2001 Passat. Just went to check the fluids under the bonnet, pulled the unlock lever ...... and nothing. It's just very loose as if it's connected to nothing, the tag that should come out from the grille doesn't.

Had a mate have a quick look, took the under shield off but he cannot see anything as it's too cramped up behind the radiator. Tried to hook the back of the catch with a wire hook but we couldn't do anything.

Had a word with the local VW garage and they just shrugged their shoulders and said "Don't know!"

Does anyone have any ideas on how to release the catch so we might sort this out?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Go to a scrap yard or look on ebay for a new grille, remove grille by using whatever means and you will be able to access the catch.

For what its worth you can get to the catch from under the car, but its not exactly simple.

I am assuming its snapped, dropped off at the bonnet end here.

I'll go and have a look, as my mate reckoned the catch was behind the radiator and not accessible from the front!

To be honest, I'm not too sure what has happened, but the tele-flex cable is still attached to the handle inside the car.

Sponsored Links
Back