Patch this artex?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. I had a leak meaning there is now approx 800x 1300mm ceiling patch, skimmed. The remainder of a large ceiling looks to be stipple effect artex. What would I need to attempt to blend in a new bit? The tools and artex or alternative? Would I need to treat the new plaster? The rest of the house has been recently decorated so want to avoid taking it all off with a steamer unless its the only option. I hope the photos give an idea. Your collective advice gratefully appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20201104_174736.jpg
    20201104_174736.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 20201104_174802.jpg
    20201104_174802.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 149
Sponsored Links
blujim, good evening.

To get a good match for the Artex on the patched area of ceiling will be next to impossible, sorry about that, any patch will appear as simply a patch.

Options? skim the entire ceiling? or partial scrape of the existing Artex and re-Artex? Or as you mention, steam and remove the old Artex thenn skim and decorate.

Also?? have you had the Artex tested for the presence of Asbestos?

Ken.

Cheers for reply Ken. We had it checked for asbestos and its fine. Seems the whole lot will have to come off or i run the risk, I guess of skimming into recent decorating. If with artex steamed off, if the plasterboard is not the tapered edge stuff can it still be plastered along the edges/ joints successfully or does it require a complete skim?
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back