Patching concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kitchen floor that was covered by stick down vinyl. I intended to put laminate over this but the floor is anything but level so am going to again use glued vinyl, more on that in a minute. As the units have been moved the old vinyl did not cover a sufficient area. So up cam the old vinyl. Now here starts the problem some of the vinyl came away with what looks like bits of self levelling. So managed to get all the old vinyl off and any remaining adhesive. What I have got now is a patchy concrete floor with bits of the self levelling missing, average depth is 2/3mm
So before I proceed I need these filling in. Thought self levelling again but as I state some of the floor is uneven so would slump a bit to one end. Have seen a concrete repair filler that states can be feather edged is this more suitable? Or is there something different I could use? And as for the vinyl are there any decent makes about? Daughter just had vinyl glued down in her kitchen/extension but that was Karndean and cost a small fortune.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back